Tuition at Covenant
We strive to keep our tuition as low as possible so that as many families as possible can enjoy the blessing of a classical Christian education. Click here to view the 2020-2021 Tuition Rates.
Worth a Closer Look
Covenant is blessed with exceptional teachers, intentionally small class sizes to enhance class discussion and learning, and a beautiful building and campus. Providing a Christ-centered, classical education of this quality takes the sacrificial investment and commitment of many people, but it is a gift with lifelong benefits.
“The best investment you’ll ever make in your child.” – Parent of 2014 graduate
“We will be forever grateful that this was part of God’s plan for our children.” – Covenant parent
Covenant is also delighted to offer over $400k in financial aid each year to our families. Nearly half of our families receive financial assistance each year. Don’t risk missing out on a life-changing education for your child by considering the tuition schedule alone.
Partnering Together for a Classical Education
Covenant desires to partner with a broad range of Christian families who want to provide an exceptional classical Christian education for their children. We recognize that there are qualified families who are committed to a Christ-centered and classical education but who lack the financial resources to fully afford it. Our financial aid program seeks to bless families who cannot afford full tuition with financial assistance, knowing that our school community will in turn be blessed by their partnership with us.
Financial Aid Philosophy
We believe that the primary responsibility for funding a student’s education rests with the parents. Financial aid is intended to serve as a supplement to help families with the cost of tuition who could not otherwise afford it. A family’s lifestyle should reflect their commitment to providing a classical Christian education for their children as a high priority.
Since financial aid requests exceed the budgeted amount available, the Financial Aid Committee considers many things when making award decisions:
- An applicants ability to pay tuition as calculated by FACTS – based on the information provided on the FACTS Grant & Aid application and supporting documents
- The availability of financial aid funds within budgetary restrictions
- The overall number of applicants
- Adherence to designated deadlines
- Enrollment and composition of classes
- Family commitment and contribution to Covenant’s mission and values
In evaluating this information, the Committee takes into account relevant financial and family information to make award decisions as fair and responsive to individual situations as possible. The Financial Aid Committee operates within an annual budget set by the Board and the Head of School and strives to distribute the funds as equitably as possible among the families who qualify for scholarships. Awards will not exceed 40% of full tuition except in rare cases. Financial aid is awarded on a yearly basis. Families must reapply each year.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Covenant has partnered with FACTS Management Company to assist with our financial aid assessment. FACTS is used by almost 7,000 schools across the country, including many in central Pennsylvania. FACTS analyzes an applicant’s financial aid application and provides the school with an objective report that includes a recommendation of how much a family can contribute toward their tuition. You may learn more about FACTS by clicking here. To apply for financial aid, please create a FACTS account by clicking on the icon below and following the instructions to submit an application.
Many parents report that the application takes between 20 and 30 minutes to complete. FACTS charges $35 for this service. You will want to have the following information on hand:
- Copies of your most recent Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your most recent W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Supporting documentation for non-taxable income.
School and Family Confidentiality
The Financial Aid Committee is committed to maintaining strict confidentiality in all financial aid dealings. Each Committee member signs an annual confidentiality agreement affirming that they will not share an applicant’s financial information with any one not directly involved with the award granting process. By submitting a financial aid application, applicants agree to allow the school to share their information with relevant third party scholarship entities that verify EITC / OSTC eligibility. Access to the FACTS online records is restricted to individuals at FACTS responsible for the assessment and individuals on Covenant’s Financial Aid Committee. When soliciting EITC / OSTC funds, only those directly processing your awards will have access to them. Faculty, administration, students, and board members are not informed about specific award decisions.
We seek to apply consistent standards and policies across many families, but every family’s situation is unique and award amounts will vary. We encourage parents to keep award amounts confidential so as to help avoid the creation of false assumptions and expectations.
We want to be as clear as possible about the cost of education at Covenant. Tuition includes all books and most field trips. It does not include school uniforms, school supplies, after-care, or club fees. We try to avoid extra fees or hidden costs that could surprise you. Here is a list of all the fees involved in the application, enrollment, and re-enrollment process at Covenant.
- Application Fee – $75 / student (max of $225 / family). This is a one-time fee.
- Enrollment Fee – $250 / family fee. This is an annual fee (lowered to $200 if you re-enroll before deadline each year).
- Pre-K Enrollment Fee – $50 / family.
- Kindergarten Early Commitment Enrollment Fee – $200 / family.
- FACTS Payment Plan Fee – $20 or $50 / family fee depending upon payment plan selection. This is an annual fee.
- FACTS Financial Aid Application Fee – $35 / family fee. This FACTS application fee must be paid every year that a family seeks financial aid.
- New Sibling Fee – $25 / student. This is a one-time fee.
- Re-enrollment Fee – $200 / family before March 1st, $250 / family after March 1st. This is an annual fee.
- FACTS Payment Plan Fee – $20 or $50 / family fee depending upon payment plan section. This is an annual fee.
- FACTS Financial Aid Application Fee – $35. This application fee must be paid every year that a family seeks financial aid.